Here are some great food recipes
The best and easiest low carb press in pie crust. This almond flour pie crust is perfect for both sweet and savory recipes. Servings: 10 servings Calories: 187
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener either granular or powdered is fine*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, and salt. Stir in melted butter until dough comes together and resembles coarse crumbs.
- Turn out into a glass or ceramic pie plate. Press firmly with fingers into bottom and up sides. Use a flat bottomed glass or measuring cup to even out the bottom. Prick all over with a fork before baking.
- To bake unfilled, preheat oven to 325F. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- To bake a filled pie, pre bake 10-12 minutes before adding fillings. You may need to cover the edges in foil to avoid over-browning. Let the pie crust cool before adding fillings and baking again.
- *For a savoury pie crust, leave out the sweetener, use 1/2 tsp salt, and add 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
Sugar Free Pecan
Sugar Free Pecan Pie Prep Time25 mins – Cook Time1 hr – Total Time1 hr 25 mins – Your low carb holiday dessert prayers have been answered! This sugar-free, grain-free maple pecan pie keto pecan pie, sugar free pecan: PieServings: 10 servings Calories: 390 Net Carbs per slice: 3.50
- 1 recipe Almond Flour Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Truvia Brown Sweetner
- 1/2 cup Bocha Sweet ~ Update (I use Walden Farms Syrup)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or maple extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Prepare the pie crust according to the directions and bake at 325F for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool while preparing the filling.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter with the two sweeteners, stirring until the sweeteners have dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Make sure the syrup isn’t too hot and then whisk in the eggs.
- Place the pecans in the cooled crust and pour the filling overtop. Return to the oven and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until the filling is mostly set but the middle still jiggles slightly when shaken.
- Note: If the crust is browning too quickly, cover the pie with aluminum foil, shiny side up, about halfway through the baking time. Let cool completely before serving.
If you can’t find or don’t have access to Swerve Brown and Bocha Sweet, you can use 1 cup Swerve Granular plus 2 teaspoons molasses or Yacon syrup. Each serving will have an extra gram of carbs and the filling may recrystallize a bit upon refrigeration.
You can also try replacing the Bocha Sweet with regular xylitol or like me I used Walden Farms Syrup I found it worked the best. It should give the same gooeyness to the filling. Please be careful if you have dogs because it is highly toxic to canines.