Just a quick VBlog on how our Day 2 Workout went, enjoy. Workout video below the VBlog
He is a quick video I found for the Loaded Cauliflower Casserole, it is easy and for those staying away from the potatoes this is a great alternative. Keto Connect has some awesome recipes so give it a shot. I am making some!
This is a awesome huge chocolate, peanut butter, nutty bar of goodness. If you need to feed your sweet-tooth this baby will do it & super easy to make. One of my wife’s favorite sweet snacks. Great for visitors and doesn’t taste like any kinda of diet food, it’s Good!
- 1 8oz Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (Lilly’s is our preference)
- 1 Tbsp Oil (Coconut or Avocado oil)
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup Natural Low Carb Peanut Butter
- 3/4 Cup Coarse Chopped Salted Roasted Almonds
- Some Parchment Paper & 9″X9″ Pan
- Add Chocolate chip with 1Tbsp Oil in microwave safe dish, place dish in microwave about 25 second, take out stir repeat till melted.
- Once melted, incorporate the Peanut Butter (mix well) fully combined.
- Now add your chopped Almonds (again mix well)
- Line you 9X9 pan with parchment paper
- Pour your melted mixture into the pan covering the complete bottom.
- Quickly place in freezer for about an hour till hardened well.
- Once hardened (Cut and eat and enjoy) Keep Refrigerated
Ok so I want to share with you because you might have heard about keto diet but still asking, what is a keto diet?
The ketogenic diet aka keto diet is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares many similarities with the Atkins and other low-carb diets. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat (no not the fat off a steak) good fats. This reduction in carbs puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis and when in ketosis, your body becomes incredibly efficient at burning fat for energy. It also turns fat into ketones in the liver, which can supply energy for the brain. Pretty cool!
Foods to Eat
You should base the majority of your meals around these foods:
- Meat: Red meat, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken and turkey.
- Fatty fish: Such as salmon, trout, tuna and mackerel.
- Eggs: Look for pastured or omega-3 whole eggs.
- Butter and cream: Look for grass-fed when possible.
- Cheese: Unprocessed cheese (cheddar, goat, cream, blue or mozzarella).
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, etc.
- Healthy oils: Primarily extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and avocado oil.
- Avocados: Whole avocados or freshly made guacamole.
- Low-carb veggies: Most green veggies, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
- Condiments: You can use salt, pepper and various healthy herbs and spices.
I am adding a nice chart I found online that has a great breakdown of food, thank you to LowCarbAlpha enjoy.
Yep it’s time to get to work, I have lost a significant amount of weight and now I got a good bit of extra skin. My wife told me I should have been working out from the beginning and I told her I didn’t think I was going to stick with the diet long enough to worry about having this extra skin issue. Don’t get me wrong I wanted to loose weight but I have never stuck with a diet in the past so why would I think I would be successful this time.
I found a cool upper body workout, and on 11/25/19 I will start a 6 week of daily workouts. Anyone that wants to join me is welcome, I will be starting at 6:30am Central Time and will be doing some live on our Keto Funky FaceBook page. It’s a 30min workout and all you need is some dumbbells. Start with a lower weight and work up, it should be fun and get us toned up.
Ok so we just started Keto Funky and what timing a week before Thanksgiving. I know for me just like many others the holidays are tough for folks trying to diet, lots of food and more food. We go visit family and friends hang out and eat, well this year we are doing things a little different.
We are hosting Thanksgiving at our house and it is going to be keto friendly, that’s right I am cooking and all the food will be made keto style. So when I started keto I thought like a lot of folks you could only eat meat and boy was I wrong. I love to cook so my wife love to not have to cook as much. I also like to experiment with different recipes so I will post a lot of my favorites for you to try.
We are have a family & friends kinda open house, the food will be prepared and folks will come in grub and watch football. I still need to limit my intake but it will all be good, I don’t want to folks coming over to feel like they are on a diet just because my wife & I are. This is where the recipes have to be on point, so all week I have been trying different ones and the only one I am not testing till the day of Keto Corn Bread Dressing but I have faith it’s going to be good. The recipe came from Highfalutin’ Low Carb check him out on YouTube, he test out some awesome recipes and I got this. I will be making my famous Smoked Turkey and my wife will be making a oven roasted Turkey. We will be making some keto bread (not fathead bread) just not a huge fan of Fathead Dough. We will make a pan of some twice cooked cauliflower loaded mash tatters and m wife Deb is in charge of desserts. She has perfected to keto cheese cake & her chocolate nut bar. We aint suffering and you don’t need to either, enjoy our journey together… Here is one simple dish you can try, enjoy.
Twice Baked Cauliflower Tatters
Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 50 minutes Servings4 servings Calories 212 kcal
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 4 slices bacon cooked until crisp then crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Boil in a large pot until tender but not overly soft.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the butter, salt, pepper, sour cream, green onions, and 3/4 of the chopped bacon. Stir to combine.
- Place mixture into baking dish, top with cheddar cheese then remaining chopped bacon.
- Bake for 30 minutes
Keto Funky is a bike’s journey on keto, changed my life.
By way of introduction my name is John Ojeda in March 1, 2019 my wife and I started our keto journey.
Ok let’s back up, so yes I am a biker 51yrs old been riding for over 35yrs. I have always been over weight, my whole life was being made fun of in elementary school but once I hit Jr High I figured out I could intimidate yep push my weight around to get my way. Well years went by met the love of my life and got married. Got involved with ministry in 96 and was ordained in 2005. Founded a Christian motorcycle club in 2014.
So in 2018 I officiated my step daughter’s wedding, after see the pictures from the wedding I was so embarrassed for my daughter. My wife saw them and also felt bad. So we decided something had to change. I had tried diets before would loose 10 maybe 20lb, joined gyms for a few months and nothing. I heard about keto and ask my doctor, funny enough he live a keto lifestyle so I was interested. I started researching, bought 2 cookbooks, start listening to youtube and March 1, 2019 we started.
Me weight on 3/1/19 was 250lb as of this post 11/19/19 I am 191lb.
I will be posting information on keto, what’s working for me, videos & recipes and much more.