Ok we are back and I don’t know about you but after the holidays are over and I have gotten my turkey and ham fix, now it’s time for some good old fashion Italian food, Lasagna. I have made this recipe many times and my wife & I love it, taste and texture are on point. It’s super easy to make and remember to try different recipes to keep you keto journey exciting and not boring. Food has to have good flavor, if it’s boring your not going to want to stick with it, so try new stuff. I would suggest to make a list of your favorite foods and see if there are keto recipes for them, that’s what I did and still do.
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ lb fresh ground Italian sausage (or take sausage out of skin)
- ¾ lb ground beef
- 24 oz. unsweetened marinara sauce (we use Rao’s marinara sauce)
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese (Whole Milk Ricotta cheese)
- ½ lb sliced deli chicken breast or turkey (thick slice not pre-packaged)
- ¾ lb Mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded mozzarella
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese (not the can, shred your own)
- Brown the ground beef, onion & sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season with salt & pepper. Add additional seasoning like basil or oregano if desired.
- Once the meat is cooked until no longer pink, strain and add in the marinara sauce. Stir to combine and let simmer on low for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a casserole dish, spread a small amount of red sauce on the bottom. Add a layer of chicken slices. Followed by another layer of red sauce and layer of ricotta cheese then add layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers 2-3 times. End the layers with red sauce and then remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Pre-Heat oven at 400 degrees, Bake in the oven at 400 for 15 or 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly on top. Once you take it out of the oven let it cool for about 10 minutes before serving. At this point the house should smell like Olive Garden and lucky for you there is seating available…
Congratulation on making your first keto lasagna, please like, subscribe, comment & share our site with all. We want to help as many people struggling with there weight as possible this year.