Quick, we got a party to go to and looking for a simple snack idea to take with us and also the party host is Diabetic, so what to bring? Well good question, this was the dilemma I was having till I saw Sarah’s newest post from CJsKetoKitchen.com . Perfect timing, I have been following her for awhile and she has some awesome recipes. Please go check out her website and her YouTube channel.
This is her Keto Candied Caramel Pecans. These are delicious, easy to make keto snack, with only 4 ingredients. Its a nice sweet keto treat that will hit the spot when your craving something sweet, something salt, something nutty.
Here are a few shots of my wife Debbie working the magic on these Keto Caramel Pecans. Please watch the video of Cj’s recipe below.
- Large Sauce pan or Dutch Oven
- 3 cups whole roasted pecan halves
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 1 c. brown sugar substitute We use Sukrin gold
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat
- Once the butter is melted, add the brown sugar substitute to the saucepan, and stir constantly until melted
- Add in 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and stir to combine
- Continue to cook down the mixture, stirring frequently for 7-8 minutes until it begins to thicken
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and add in the pecan halves. Toss to coat them all well
- Place the coated pecans in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Put the pecans in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to cool and harden
- Once ready, break apart any chunks of pecans, and serve as is. Store extras in an airtight container
*All nutrition information is approximate. Please read and use your own labels for more precise information.
Nutrition (per serving) About 6 ServingsCalories: 259.3 | Fat: 27.7g | Carbs: 4g | Fiber: 3g | Protein: 3.08g | Net Carbs: 1g